Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Canon MX870. Colour printer, scanner, copier, fax. Needs repair

Customer Question

Canon MX870. Colour printer, scanner, copier, fax. Needs repair and/or service. Please assist.
Regards
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhat exactly happens when you try to print?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All leters are not legible. Lines are not in sync. Words are printed as if in Italic. Blank spots in line from top to bottom of paper
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Power cable removed. Re-inserted. Document printed. No improvement
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Thanksare you on a Mac or windows computer?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ThanksClick start, type in devices and click on devices and printers.Right click on your printer and choose Printer PropertiesClick on the Maintenance tab and choose Depp CleaningRun this three times and tell me if it fixes the print issue please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Done - three times. Small blocks on document progressively worse
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ThanksCan you change the ink cartridges in the printer and tell me if this improves it please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not have print cartriges availble. Could you perhaps give me the contact details of a Canon service centre nearby. I live in Wonderboom, Pretoria
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
There is not listing for this, you would need to call +27 12(###) ###-####But if changing the cartridges does not resolve it, you would need to return it to have the print head replaced as this would be at fault. This though you do via the retailer if the warranty is valid. If the warranty has expired I would avoid this as the cost with the limited warranty would exceed the value of a new printerIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you