Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I have a Brother printer and don't know how to stop excessive

Customer Question

I have a Brother printer and don't know how to stop excessive printing Like it was printing out an e mail book, when i realized it was over 3400 pages the only way that I could stop it was to disconnect the unit, and then each time I want to print something else like a pg or two, it insists on continuing its programming, and printing the old stuff. i am going through a new ink printer every couple of months and reams of paper. Tell me how to get it to stop the programming. it is wasting so much stime paper and ink.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. You need to get rid of old print queue or jobs from your computer. Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
windows pc, and I am not good with computers, can't you call me.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
We provide secure remote support where I can connect to your computer and try to fix the issue myself for you while you watch. This is an optional premium service. I'm not sure what the other techs have tried, so I'm starting from scratch. Please let me know if you already tried these. Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard and this will bring Run. Type services.msc and press enterFrom the resulting window, find Print Spooler in the list. Right click on it and select Stop.Then press Windows and R to bring run again and type the following command press enter %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\spool\PRINTERS Click Continue if asked. Delete all files from the resulting window (from the resulting Printers folder)Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type services.msc and press enterFrom the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Start. Try to print now. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.
If you have any difficulty on following the steps above or if you would me to fix it for you, please let me know. I can, with your permission, connect to your computer and try to fix it myself for you while you watch. This is an premium service and also optional. If you would like me to fix it for you, then you can accept the remote support offer.