Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

Epson acu laser cx11nf has enpty spaces in ceter of page when

Customer Question

epson acu laser cx11nf has enpty spaces in ceter of page when I print, new black ink cartridge also just installed a new Epson drum
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. By and large, if there is a gradual fading-out of print toward the center of the page, it is usually a case of the coating wearing off of the drum, preferentially in the rough center of the page.But you have installed a new drum, without any effect on the problem, so that isn't the cause. Is the fading always in the same place?If so, then you might possibly, especially if the fading is more or less in the same path up the page, have a bit of dirt or toner dust on the 'window' of the laser unit.In fact, is the fading going all the way down the page? that can be caused by several things. It might help with this question, if an image of a defective page was posted, and I could assess by eye just what sort of print defect is showing up.