Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My C544 laser color printer is making a loud clicking noise

Customer Question

My C544 laser color printer is making a loud clicking noise on the right side of the printer during printing. It still prints flawlessly. If I press down on the right side, the clicking will stop. Can you please assist me?
Thank you,
Laura
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your question Laura. The sound is coming from some gear and day by day this increase, as the gear will break down slowly. The only solution for this problem is replacing the defective gear, but unfortunately, it cannot be done at home, because to do that you have to completely dismantle the printer and I will never recommend you to do that at home, if you do not have any previous experience in printer repairing, as printer have many delicate and small parts and if you loose any of them, the printer may become completely unusable. If you still want to repair the printer at home then, let me know and I will try to help you with providing a service manual for the printer, otherwise please remember to give positive rating,as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort. Thanks