John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Text is smearing, black ink Samsung CLP 310. This is either

Customer Question

Text is smearing, black ink Samsung CLP 310. This is either the original ink cartridge or my first and only replacement.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Black ink smudges in text
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No, I am somewhat assuming that I simply need to replace the black ink cartridge.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 8 months ago.
You can attempt to clean the cartridge head with a Q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol but it would be best to just replace the cartridge.