John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Have Ricoh C820DN

Customer Question

Have Ricoh C820DN - have been printing large files all day. On last file and getting memory overflow error. Send file to printer, it spools, says printing and then disappears without printing. How to get this last file printed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system? How large are the files that you have been printing? Is the last file the largest, and is it significantly larger?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Windows 10 4048 virtual mem for windows, Printer has 512 meg Ram, using Ricoh PCL6 driver which goes with the 820DN advanced printing options i.e. 1200 dpi instead of 600. Files have all been 40-80 meg; this file WAS 46.8
Expert:  JKalman replied 6 months ago.
There must be something wrong with the file. That is the only explanation that I can come up with. I will opt out and open the question to other experts.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.If you try to print another file, does it work well? Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I am out of town for two weeks without that computer. My solution was to change to rastar print instead of vector which allowed file to be printed. This allowed me to finish my project. I have not tried a different similar file. At this point since project is finished I do not need an answer. Would like to know what happened but not critical now. Please cancel my request.