Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I keep getting a paper jam notice on my Xerox Colorcube 8570.

Customer Question

I keep getting a paper jam notice on my Xerox Colorcube 8570. It is giving me error 89112 B3S3. I have tried everything I can find and still can't get rid of this jam problem.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have removed any paper from the paper paths. I have run a piece of cardstock through the rollers to make sure there was nothing there I was missing. I even replaced the maintenance kit in case it was getting dried out as I couldn't get to where it tells me if I need to replace it or not. After having done all of this it ran one piece through the printer and then gave me the paper jam notice again.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm running card stock but it is on the settings for card stock. I have also fanned the stock to make sure nothing was stuck together and I only have two pieces in the printer at the moment to try and get past the error in as simple a solution as possible.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suggest that you try running normal paper stock instead, for a change. If that works, it is positive data about the status of the sensors and circuitry in the printer.If it doesn't work, it means the jam is possibly not owing to the stock, at least. Make sure the stock is of the same size as the paper size you have selected. Also make sure the stock is not inserted in the wrong attitude, so that you have 6 x 9 stock, for instance, but you have inserted it as 9 x 6 (the other way around, as it were.) It is possible that a jammed sensor, or a stuck sensor, designed to detect the presence of paper at some point, is producing the error. That might be the case if normal size stock also produces the error.