Asriel
Asriel, Technician
Experience:  I have been working with computers for over six years now, I have my own business and contract out with other companies.
60618250

I have a Canon MP560. I am getting a B200 error. I have cleaned

Customer Question

I have a Canon MP560. I am getting a B200 error. I have cleaned the printer head and put in new ink tanks but I am still getting the error. Suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Asriel replied 8 months ago.
Hello! Here's a video that will walk you through fixing this error: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxhkgrozauY Here is also a potential workaround: 1. Turn OFF Power2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)3. Turn ON power4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.6. Leave the Printer turned on7. Good to go.Let me know if you still have issues.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes, I too have google searched all the solutions to this problem. Nothing has worked and is why I contacted you as the 'expert'. What a rip off you guys are.
Expert:  Asriel replied 8 months ago.
What happened after performing the steps in the video?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The print error briefly went away but when you try to perform any other function, it comes back on again
Expert:  Asriel replied 8 months ago.
Ok, I did some more research and reached out to Canon customer support. That error means the print head itself is dead and needs to be replaced. You can either take it to a printer repair shop, or order one and replace it yourself. I can find local shops for you if you'd like.