Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I am using a MX 922. Prints pictures quite well. BUT... How

Customer Question

I am using a MX 922.
Prints pictures quite well. BUT... How on earth do I get it to print from the small print deck?
I'm 87 and need help here. Printed instructions would be great forme. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you want to print on the film paper from the MX 922 printer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Read my question again.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
I have read your question more than once, you can print pictures from the printer and want to know, how to print from the small print deck, can you tell me what is exactly the print deck is, because there is not print deck attachment with the printer .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a paper spot for the regular size paper or photo paper and a slot above that for 4x6 and/or 5x7 paper. Which I have put in. But don't know how to print pictures using that slot. I need the directions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope you understand now. surprised that you couldn't figure out what I meant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting for the answer to my question. How to use the small print slot (4x6 or 4x7 that is above the regular print slot in the front bottom of the 922 printer. Handle opening pulls out bottom or top slot as you prefer. Want to print from top slot, small prints, but don't know how to use it. HELP
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, now I understand what do you mean by the print deck. You want to print photos on a 4X6 or 5X7 photo paper, just using the designated tray for those paper, am I right ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES,I want to print using that paper, either 4x6 or 5x7. How do I do it?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. Open the first link for the instructions to load the small size photo papers in the printer and let me know, if that helps or not ? After that open the second link for the instructions to print on the small photo papers. If you need any further help, do not hesitate to ask me, otherwise please give rating for my time and effort. https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142091&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1460325281106 https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART141580&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1460325281106
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already know how to put the paper in... Just need to know how to get that upper slot to work. working with the second link . Found the info and tried to use it, but it printed on the lower slot anyway. So what now. How do I get it to stay in the upper cassette?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply and the clarification, but your printer does not support printing on the small size photo papers from the upper slot, you have to use the designated slot for the specific papers. If you try to use any paper not supported in the specific slot then, it may get jammed and damage the printer permanently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cannon photo paper in there.I don't understand that my printer wont support printing from that slot? Then why is that slot there???
The print sheet said upper cassett, but then printed from the regular size paper on the bottom slot. Is this a defective product???
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
I am extremely sorry for the confusion, I got confused with another model. Yes, the small size photo paper will be loaded in the upper cassette. Now, if you are unable to print from the upper slot then, you have to change the paper source settings from your PC, before you print a photo from the PC. Can you please open the second link, which I had send and check the last step for the paper source and match it the settings on your PC.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still unable to get that printer slot to work. And unfortunately, I am not well and need to let it rest for a few days and then try again.