Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

I have used a mx870 with a wireless connection to my MacBook

Customer Question

I have used a mx870 with a wireless connection to my MacBook pro for nearly 5 years. Today I have spent 3 hours trying to print. I have rebooted the printer and the computer several times. In the past, this has always worked to get the printer functioning. Not today. I also downloaded mx 870 printer software. Nothing works. My wife's apple desktop is printing fine as it has for the past 5 years.
Please help me.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did not work. only scanner comes up in dialog box
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shefin replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Do you have a printer USB cable with you? Thank you.S H E F I N