Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.

I have a iP4300 printer, fist time it has been taken out of

Customer Question

I have a iP4300 printer, fist time it has been taken out of the box. It came on when I first plug it in. There was a red light shinning through the end of all of the ink cartage's but one. I started loading the program and saw that the printer went off and now I can not turn it back. Can you help me?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Bob, my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you. Is this a brand new printer or did you get it second hand or refurbished?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support + Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.
Bob, can you tell me if the printer is brand new and also which version of windows you are using please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Brand new first time out of the box. Vista
Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.
Ok I think there is an issue with that one ink cart that did not light, please remove that and make sure there is no plastic on the bottom of the ink cartridge and try loading again, let me know if you get all red lights.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The printer will not turn on the move the ink cart carriage to were i can get to it, can i pull it
Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.
Ok so no matter what you cannot get it to power back on? Just to be sure can you unplug it from the computer and try a different power outlet and make sure the power cable is securely connected? If you have already done all of that I think you may have got a defective one. If it won't power on there is not much to be done other than getting a replacement. If you purchased it as a store I would bring it back. If you got online you should still also be able to return it. If you're not sure how to return it let me know where you got it and I will tell you what to do next. It sounded like it was not acting properly right from the beginning so I am leaning towards a defective printer, it happens sometimes but should be covered by warranty, so a bit of an inconvenience but you should be able to get a free replacement with little hassle.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.
Take a look at the attached image from the service manual and make sure you go through everything listed. This information can be found on page 69 of the manual if my picture is too difficult to read, here is the manual
Expert:  Chris L. replied 6 months ago.
But if none of the above work then it is likely defective I am sorry to say.