Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

My HP C7280 Setup Button Will not work! JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

My HP C7280 Setup Button Will not work!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: HP C7280 Setup Button will not work.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Not That I Know of.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I presume you are referencing the WPS Setup button or Easy Setup button, for WiFi setup of your printer.It may not be working, simply because Wireless communication is not turned On, on your HP printer, in its Wireless or WiFi settings. (Check them to see if that's the case... turn On WiFi, of course, if it isn't On.)Or it might be that, unfortunately, the Wireless facility on your HP printer has failed or 'broken'. I hope not. If it is not working for other reasons, WiFi setup can be done anyway, just not quite as easily - provided that the WiFi facility on your HP printer is not 'broken', that is.To instruct you through that process, I would need to know what Windows (or MAC OS X, if an Apple) version is on your computer, first. Meanwhile, turn Off your HP printer. Unplug it from the power. Leave it that way, for at least 2+ hours, to cool off and reset thoroughly. Then try it again, or save turning it On again for after you have instructions on how to proceed if your WPS Setup button does not work, again.