Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a canon mx330 , is there a driver or something to get

Customer Question

I have a canon mx330 , is there a driver or something to get it to print with windows 10? It's working fine on my windows 7 [hard wire to that computer]. But sharing to the window 10 [thru netgear] I can't get that computer to print or fax.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Sadly, there really is nothing to be done here. Unfortunately this printer is not officially supported in windows 10.Canon will not be releasing a windows 10 driver.You can attempt to use the older win7 driver, but will have limited functionality at best (draft quality black prints only, no scanning, no advanced options, etc). Even the win 7 drivers are no longer available for download however. Unless you have a saved copy from a prior install, your next best option is to try to let windows auto detect the printer and select a suitable built in driver, though windows is not supporting these either.Realistically replacement of the printer will be the only practical option here, unless you want to roll back to a prior version of windows, as there is no current or future support planned for these machines, and this is a 7 year old printer model that was designed for a maximum service life of only 3 years. Even if you could get it working for now, it is so far past its service life that components like the printhead and absorber system will be expected to fail any day now, and ultimately require replacement anyway. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan