Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I am Neville Gay. JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

I am Neville Gay.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My Canon Pixma ip4500 has yellow and green lights flashing twelve times I have tried disconnecting everything but with no effect. Any ideas?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try taking each ink cartridge out, one at a time, then re-seating it back in place (without touching the electronic contacts on it, nor touching the inky underside of the cartridge.) Then press the RESUME/CANCEL button and hold it down for at least 5 seconds. Does that have any effect on the problem? I hope so. If it doesn't, then turn the printer Off, unplug it from the power, and leave it that way for at least 1 hour or more. Then try the printer again.