Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Oki c5500 all of a sudden does not print in Black. I ordered

Customer Question

My Oki c5500 all of a sudden does not print in Black. I ordered a new drum and ink and recently installed them. However, this did not resolve this issue.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That could be owing to sudden high voltage power supply failure. It could also be owing to toner/dirt on the high voltage contacts... so remove the drum again, and see if there is spilled toner in the space where it fits, evident anywhere. If so, the printer may need a routine but thorough and careful maintenance cleaning. Let me know, if so, and I will give you instructions on how to carry out that cleaning properly. After that... there are some other problems that can cause this sort of thing. Make sure the toner cartridge had protective tapes completely removed from it, of course (as if I needed to mention it, eh... this is rare, but inattentive, when it happens - and if it happens, it causes problems.) Other things can be wrong... in fact, your printer could possibly be a total loss, with a repair bill too expensive to be justified compared to replacing it... if it is an old printer at the end of its usable lifetime. A sudden, complete failure does kind of hint at a breakage of some major part, whether power supply, or controller board, etc.But if it were the power supply, other colors would not print either... and I presume they are printing, other colors come out on the page.Also, check your printer's driver settings, just for completeness. In sum, what do I think likely to be causing this problem? at this point I'm not sure.