Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Cliff. Nice to meet you. JA: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question

Cliff. Nice to meet you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have and hp laserjet 5000. Its on an xp computer. Simply won't print an 11x17 sheet. It feeds perfectly but won't print about the last 8 inches of a sheet of paper.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Done
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
By the way. I have searched and tried all the solutions suggested on the net. Hope you can do better.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I cannot purvey the whole web's worth of suggestions. However, the first thing to suggest for the problem is, to set all Paper Size settings (in your software program that you are printing from, and also in the printer's Driver settings or Properties, and also on the printer itself *if* it has paper size settings) toLedger/Tabloid, Tabloid, or Ledger11 x 17 inchesand save those settings. Also check in Print Preview, once you have set those settings. Does it look right that way? If it is cutting off the last 6 inches of length, then that means it is printing 17-6 = 11 inches long. As if it were set to print on Letter size paper, rather than Ledger or Tabloid. So check all settings carefully and make sure they are all set to Ledger or Tabloid or 11 by 17.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Interesting idea. I think all the settings are correct. But I will check that. It will be a few hours before I can get to try it this evening.
OK. Get back to me once you have had time to try it, at your convenience. Thanks.