Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

On the lexmark website you gave to update firmware, it has

Customer Question

On the lexmark website you gave to update firmware, it has no pro710 listed and nothing pops up when I put it in the search window. I cleaned the printhead, but it still says the printhead isnot supported by this printer. I have not changed the printhead or any other parts since I bought the printer. This is a new messge.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: It's a Lexmark Pro710 series.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 6 months ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer expert who's been paired with you through It is my pleasure to assist you today.Having already cleaned the print head, your next step is to attempt to update the printer's firmware. As you mentioned, the Pro710 is no longer searchable as a product on the Lexmark website (having been superceded by the Pro715); however, your printer's most recent firmware was released in October, 2013, and can be obtained from: If that does not resolve the issue (and, honestly, I think it's a long shot) you will need to purchase a new print head. On Lexmark printers, this component does have an end-of-life and is considered a consumable item, in much the same was as ink cartridges are. The printhead for your mode appears to bear item # ***** but -- seeing as how your model and its related supplies have been removed from Lexmark's website -- I would recommend calling them to confirm at:(###) ###-#### ***** can also purchase this component from Lexmark directly; printheads tend to cost around $35.I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.