Asriel, Technician
Experience:  I have been working with computers for over six years now, I have my own business and contract out with other companies.

I purchased a Brother Printer MFC-J480DW I am having a problem

Customer Question

I purchased a Brother Printer MFC-J480DW
I am having a problem setting up the FAX. It goes to Fax at the fourth ring, which is too quick for us. How do I set the printer for either it would allow mor rings before going to fax. If that is not possible, how do I set the printer to manual. Right now, I have set our answering machine to 3 rings and it then answers the phone call.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Asriel replied 6 months ago.
Hello! Please do the following to change the ring settings: The Ring Delay setting determines the number of times your Brother machine rings before answering in Fax Only Mode. Follow the steps below to change your Brother machine's Ring Delay setting:Press Settings or Menu and choose Fax => Setup Receive => Ring Delay. Choose how many times before the machine answers. The number you can choose varies depending on the model and country you bought the machine in. If you choose 0, the line will not ring at all.Press OK. Press Stop/Exit.Thanks,Asriel