BigDish101
BigDish101,
Experience:  Systems Administrator at TXNJ Enterprises
92961829

How can I test my MFC-L8850CDW to be sure the fax works

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is not working. Please cancel my subscription. It is too difficult. I am under a tight time line to receive loan docs for a client and can not get help to receive an answer on a two week old printer. I will also cancel with American express a day will not solve my issue.
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 8 months ago.
Hello. You can test your fax by sending a fax to the HP Fax Test service.Send a one page black and white text fax to 1-888-hpfaxme (1-***-***-****).When your fax is received by the HP Test Fax Service, we will generate a return fax to you within five minutes confirming that we received your fax. This verifies that you can both send and receive a fax with your fax machine.
Note: The most common cause of failure is that the fax number set in the Fax Header on the machine does not match the number of the phone line connected to the fax. Also, ensure that the fax header contains the full 10-digit telephone number of the fax machine, including the area code.