Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I was replacing ink cartridges 251C. It fell to side and I

Customer Question

I was replacing ink cartridges 251C. It fell to side and I can't get it out. Am afraid am going to damage printer. How do I get it out?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. That printer should weigh around 20 pounds.. I bring this up because your best bet here is to pick the machine up and turn it upside down and gently shake it. This way the cartridge should fall free to somewhere you can grab it, or it will fall out entirely.. You may need a second person to help you turn it over and shake it in case the cartridge does not fall free, that way you can use one of your hands to try and fish the cartridge out. Also, when the printer is turned off and unplugged you can grab the carriage ( the part that moves left to right and holds the ink tanks ) you can grab the carriage by hand and move it left or right.. Its probably better to try turning the machine over however, because if the cartridge was lodged in the rails forcibly moving the carriage might damage it.. Whichever method you go with, just be careful and you should be able to get the cartridge out without hurting yourself or damaging the machine. If you have further questions, let me know! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.