Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I'm Ernie, The paper tray is stuck. It will not close all

Customer Question

Hi I'm Ernie, The paper tray is stuck. It will not close all the way or come out on my Canon ImageClass D1120.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thats the onlyI problem I'm having.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thank you.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try moving it up and down a bit while pulling it out gently... that may work it free of whatever is holding it. Have you any idea why the tray became jammed in the machine? e.g., were you recently removing a paper jam from that area? or perhaps loading odd paper into it, or anything else? Some clue is needed, to tell us why the tray jammed at this point. With that clue, we can proceed to free it up again. So let me know, please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Russel, I tryed moving the tray up & down side to side to no avail, I have opened all the doors turned it up side down looked in side with a flash light. I can't see anything holding it.
Well, something's wrong with it. If you on the site, with a comprehensive examination, cannot find what is wrong, my theory is: it broke. It got jammed on the part that broke. Thus is it neither in a position to be inserted nor to be removed either.Either you get a technician to come out and look at it - and maybe just do what you could do, or:You could break it (but not the printer!) getting it out. And replace it. I don't know how those alternatives sound to you, and I'm listening to any comments you may have. I'm not dogmatic and I'm not insistent, but that's how it seems to be shaping up, to me.(If you need research as to how much it would take to replace the tray, let me know. I stand ready.)