IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

Mfc-8710dwWhen I copy and/or scan a legal document using

Customer Question

When I copy and/or scan a legal document using the feeder or on the glass, the document is cut off. I have tried adjusting settings but have not found the proper setting. I do not have the user manual. Could you give me step by step directions on how to reset the settings or direct me to where I could find instructions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.It looks like you will need to adjust the paper size settings on the printer. Make sure "Legal" is selected. You can find the instructions on how to change the paper size on page 16 of the user manual, which you can download on this link: Brother MFC-8710DW - USER MANUAL DOWNLOAD Let me know if you were able to correct the problem.Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately, this answer was not helpful at all. I have already adjusted those settings and it is still cutting off my scans when I use the feeder. Please advise?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Please change the paper to another size, such as A4. Copy and scan again, and let me know if you end up with identical cut off, or it is different this time?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello!Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.