Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Account 93739487 Re my Canon MG 6460. It is now not printing

Customer Question

Account 93739487
Re my Canon MG 6460. It is now not printing when I place things under the 'plate'...any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Does it print in any other way?Does it feed out a sheet of blank paper? or does it simply produce nothing?Check the ink level, if it is still producing a sheet of blank paper and not any error messages. You may either have a emptied black ink cartridge, or perhaps clogged nozzles on the printhead of the machine. (That last is likely, if the printer has been turned Off, and unused, for several weeks or longer, recently.)Let me know a bit more... including (if it still prints from a computer OK) whether the scanner bar under the glass sheet, still lights up or not. If it doesn't light up, you have (probably) a burnt-out scanner 'bulb'.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It does print from the computer. It is now printing when I place paper on the 'plate' but the ink is very pale. The yellow cartridge is the only low one and I'll purchase one today. Nozzles not clogged . Scanner bar does not appear to light up.
Does the scanner bar under the glass sheet, still light up, or not?If it doesn't light up, you have (probably) a burnt-out scanner 'bulb'.