Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have an error on my printer, B200 - says to call you.

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today.The B200 error usually indicates a fault with the printhead and printhead needs to be replacedthere are few steps we may tryi am listing them below
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forthalso clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on itclean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcoholonce these steps have been done turn on printer and checkif still the error repeats, the printhead may require service . i would suggest to call up canon at 1-800-OK-CANON if unit is within warranty else if out of warranty you may replace printhead yourself or through any local printer repair storelet me know if you have any questionsi hope you understand that in case of hardware fault or mechanical jam i can only suggest steps to rectify it but cannot make a bad part work again or clear an internal jamlet me know if you have any questionsI hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.