Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a hp officejet 4622 and it's not connected to

Customer Question

hello i have a hp officejet 4622 and it's not connected to the network. the printer is saying that i need to enter some a pin number in to my router's configuration.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my hp officejet all in one 4622 is telling me that i need to input some kind of PIN number into my router's configuration for my printer to go wireless.
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Printer Technician whenever you like.
Customer: a need assistant now because i can printer my homework that is do in one hour
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What you are seeing is referring to a WPS function, an older and less secure connection method. Many routers do not support this.Instead, you'll want to go through the network setup on the printer from the very beginning, it should scan for and find your home network which you'll select then you'll type in your wifi password ***** it should connect.At that point you may then configure the printer installation on your computer.Let me know if you get stuck along the way.Best regards,Nathan