John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

When I was using Windows XP, I could copy a document or picture

Customer Question

When I was using Windows XP, I could copy a document or picture on my Photosmart C4640 and have the copy sent to my computer. Since buying a new HP laptop with windows 8.1 I can't copy directly to my computer. I must select printers and devices and select copy documents or photos, wait until the copy has been completed and then Import it. It will then appear in my Documents. How do I get the printer to copy directly to the computer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 8 months ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today. May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)I look forward to your response.Thank you,Jason