Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have a PIXMA MX922 and I do not have a manual. It did not

Customer Question

I have a PIXMA MX922 and I do not have a manual. It did not have one in the box. I have one phone line and want to know if the printer will automatically answer if a fax is being sent.
Also how do I get a manual?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Judy. Yes, you can set it to automatically receive. However, if this is a shared line (with your home phone) and not a dedicated fax line, or if you receive faxes infrequently, this is not recommended, because it will interfere with your ability to receive phone calls normally, callers won't be able to leave a message when you don't answer, etc. Instead, I'd suggest you receive faxes manually - when you know one is coming in, wait for the line to ring, then press the START (black) button on the canon to initiate the receiving of the fax. There is no manual for these printers. Canon does not provide them in a print format or even in a .pdf format, they require that you install an actual program on your computer which contains the manual. You can get that here: http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDMwMDAxMDI0ODA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN If you want help with getting the fax set up to auto answer all the time, just let me know. Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Do you need help with this, Judy?