Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My computer states my brother printer is off line. how can

Customer Question

my computer states my brother printer is off line. how can I get my printer back on line?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of windows or mac you are using?And are you connecting to the printer via your wireless network or via a USB cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10
wireless
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you remove the power to the wifi router, the printer and power off the computerthen wait 10 minutes, then connect the power to the wifi router, wait 5 minutes, connect the power to the printer, then power on the computer and tell me if it then prints please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please answer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I did, I gave a set of instructions for you to do, appears you missed these, no problem, I will repeat them againCan you remove the power to the wifi router, the printer and power off the computerthen wait 10 minutes, then connect the power to the wifi router, wait 5 minutes, connect the power to the printer, then power on the computer and tell me if it then prints please.