JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have an older HP Photosmart 7510 printer and just purchased

Customer Question

I have an older HP Photosmart 7510 printer and just purchased a HP Pavilion with windows 10. Unable to load software for the printer!! Says it isn't compatible with windows 10. What do I need to do to get the printer operational? Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Please standby while I research the solotion...
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.
Please select the following link, and choose the first option: Check for Updates and Recommendations (Recommended)http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-7510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---C3/5070118/model/5070120/drivers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
After selecting the above link, do I choose all of the connections? Isn't there just a way to have a current hardcopy disk for the HP Photosmart to download the correct info for windows 10?
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.
Witt the advent of the internet, printer drivers are distributed by the manufacturers by online downloads. You can save the file onto your pc if you wish, and, if you have the hardware, you can burn it to a cd. However, that is not necessary, since the latest drivers are always available.
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.
What are the connections to which you are referring after selecting the above link?
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.
If you are not sure what to do with the first option, you can choose the second option: Go Directly to the Software and Driver Results
Expert:  JKalman replied 8 months ago.
Then select the Full Driver Software package for your printer and operating system and download it. You can select either Run or Save. If you select Save, it will be saved in your Download folder. Be sure to have your printer turned on and in active mode.