Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

I bought a Canon PIXMA MG5720 but it is not compatible with

Customer Question

I bought a Canon PIXMA MG5720 but it is not compatible with my OS 10.5.8
1) Is there a printer driver that I can download to make it work?
2) If not, is your Canon MX922 compatible with OS 10.5.8. I see various responses online
PLease help me...ASAP
j
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 8 months ago.
Hi there, unfortunately there is no drivers for OS 10.5 (Leopard). The printer was released much later than the operating system on your computer and Canon doesn't provide drivers for old operating systems. I would recommend that you consider upgrading OSX rather than trying to reverse engineering the printer to work with the older operating system. It looks like Canon support OSX from 10.7 and on for this printer.Let me know if this helps,Dan
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Very disappointing. Some sources said MX922 wud work but others said no. I was hoping for a yes. I know my system is old....but so am I. Tks for your help.
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 8 months ago.
This may not be as daunting a task as it sounds. Depending on your computer, have you looked into just updating OSX to say 10.7? I wish there was an easier solution to get a newer printer working on a old machine