Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My printer is stuck with a number of pages of paper in it.

Customer Question

My printer is stuck with a number of pages of paper in it. It is showing an error 6000. How do I fix it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, error code 6000 technically is described as "line feed error" or commonly referred to as a jam; either a paper jam or a carriage jam as sensed by the MX430 (even if falsely).Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) if it were a carriage jam:• search/remove any foreign object even bits of paper along the carriage path;• clean the printhead;• clean the encoder strip. To remove the paper jam, the approach/instructions would largely depend on where the paper jam is. Please click HERE.