John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Epson WF-3640 printer has lost wireless connection to my

Customer Question

My Epson WF-3640 printer has lost wireless connection to my Mac computer. In an attempt to solve the problem, I uninstalled the printer but cannot re-install.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 8 months ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't believe it will help to connect remotely to my computer because I'm unable to re-connect the printer to the network. If you would kindly given me some instructions on how to re-set my printer so that I may try to reset the wireless connection, that would be most helpful. If there's some mysterious way you can connect remotely to my printer, please let me know how. Thanks!
I would login, check your router to see if the printer shows up on the connected clients list, if not then i would tell you to re-do the wireless setup, then check the router to see if it shows up or not, if not then i would use the WPS setup (via your router) if supported and if available and then check. I hope you can do this, and re-connect the printer. Just as i stated, check the router it if shows up as connected or not, if not then connect it from the printer's control panel. Usually, on the printer you would press Home Icon or the Setup Icon, using the arrow keys chose the wifi setup option, then run the setup wizard, pick your ssid, type in the password ***** connect to it.
Start from 2:31 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCOzITwEk6Q
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. I've tried all those things, but the printer still fails to connect to the network via the router. My computer & phone, however, are connected. The message from the printer states: "Entered security key/password ***** not match the one set for your router/access point..." Is there a way I can re-set the password ***** start over?
You will need to login to the router to reset the wireless key / verify it. I think it is best to do this remotely, so i can do this for you quick.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I fail to understand how you could do this remotely -- I am not having a problem with my computer.... How do I "login to the router"?
You login to the router, from the computer. You need to view your default gateway ip from the command prompt using ipconfig /all, access it in your browser and then login to it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My computer IS CONNECTED to my router -- my printer IS NOT!! You have not been helpful at all!! I have wasted at least $23.00. I'm very unhappy with your service.
I've already explained how you will reset the wireless key. Computer is connected, that is why it is going to be used to do what you want to do. You need a device connected to it to check it or change it's settings, you can't do this without a device connected. Your printer will also be eventually used from the computer. Well, you can request refund for what you have paid by mailing***@******.***. OR you can let me remote in, see the results and then decide. OR you can perform the steps yourself. (I've already explained how) "You login to the router, from the computer. You need to view your default gateway ip from the command prompt using ipconfig /all, access it in your browser and then login to it."
And also, you are trying to connect your printer wirelessly to the router, not to the computer directly. Your router will then allow you to add it to the computer, only once its connected.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I KNOW THAT!! My printer was connected and working fine until 2 weeks ago. How it lost connection, I have no idea. For some reason, going through the same steps to re-connect to my router, is not working. No thanks, ***** ***** not wish to have you connect remotely to my computer for an additional $26.
I can connect without charging the $26.
You can also do this yourself, check your default gateway ip from your mac os x, by clicking the wifi icon and going to preferences -> then type that ip in your browser, it will open up the router page, login to the router and then from there go to the wireless or wifi tab to change the password. After you've changed your password, use the new password ***** connect printer to the router.