Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My HP 1401 printer says it has a paper jam but it prints a

Customer Question

my HP 1401 printer says it has a paper jam but it prints a test page and will copy and print but if you want to print off the computer it comes up paper jam
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Where is the paper jam indicated? if it is only indicated on your computer (and if it never says anything about 'document jam' as opposed to 'paper jam'), then you have a problem on your computer. Your computer can be cleared out by doing an uninstall-restart-reinstall of your computer's printer drivers. Either that or, you might perhaps have another HP printer installed formerly, and not have removed it yet. That can be cured easily: remove the other, defunct, former HP printer, and restart your computer. Let me know which of the above (or otherwise) the case is, and I will advise you according to the facts, if I haven't already. Thanks.