Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I am getting a paper error message. i reload paper and still

Customer Question

i am getting a paper error message. i reload paper and still get error message. over and over. I am using an epson pro 3800
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have only used the top paper feed and until today it worked all the time. the last time i printed it was a little ornery. today it won't take the paper at all.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: i don't think so
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the paper error is owing to the printer not drawing in paper, then you may have aging roller surfaces that are too slippery to draw in paper. This is suggested all the more by the problem seeming a little bit present before it became fully present.The good news is: If that is all that the problem is, you can fix it yourself so that it works again. If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening. Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over. (If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.) Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.