John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother HL-L2380DW that is connected to my laptop

Customer Question

I have a Brother HL-L2380DW that is connected to my laptop via a wireless connection. I am able to print but I am unable to scan. LCD displays an error of check connection. However via my sprint wireless netgear router it shows that my laptop and the printer are connected
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 12 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working fine previously?To confirm, you are able to print via wireless connection, but you are not able to scan via wireless connection right?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?If you open the ControlCenter program on your computer, are you able to scan from it?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,