Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

My name is***** am having a problem with my printer.

Customer Question

My name is***** am having a problem with my printer. It shows printrt error in red and reads error Code:0x69. It tell me to turn off the computer off and on for details, and see your documentation. Please help because the printer is not working.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the make/model of the printer?Is this error showing on the computer or the printer itself?What connection is used from the printer to the computer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The computer is wireless, the make and model is Epso work force WF- 3620. And the error is showing on the printer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
That is not a standard error code, can you please recheck it and see if there is any more to it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, let me see if you can help me. The error code 0x69 is the only thing that it shows on the printer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for confirming.This is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. First remove the input paper supply.Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply. Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?