Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Quot;I have WF-3640 when I copy, the printer defaults to 2

Customer Question

quot;I have WF-3640 when I copy , the printer defaults to 2 sided printing , I have to rest every time I copy.......Just bought this"
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
windows 10 problem is just copying on the printer
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Could you try going into setup, system administration, then choosing restore default settings, copy settings.

Once youve reset those to default.. If you try to copy, does it default to single sided now ?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have done the reset to defaults, will not stay, as soon as i'm done goes back to 2 sided printing
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was wrong the printer defaults to 2- sided printing
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Question, after we did the reset..

If you go into copy settings and manually change the value to 1 sided printing, inside the copy settings area..

Will it stay that way? Or after you set it and hit ok. And then turn the printer off then on.. Does it go back to 2 sided inside the copy settings area?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have just done this, goes back to 2-sided
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

When we went into the settings, system administration and reset just the copy settings.

Can you go back in and this time choose to reset all settings or restore to factory defaults.

Once all settings are reset, turn the machine off then on, and check if it defaults to 2 sided now~

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK I did this , but I had to use a setting to delete all setting along with using default., printer shut down and restarted , looks good, thanks
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

excellent! Glad to hear that worked..

It must have been a setting stuck or something wrong with the internal software.. And like most machines, sometimes a full reset is all you can do.

If you have any further questions let me know! Other wise, please remember to click and submit a rating to show that I was able to assist you, as currently my work history shows that this is unsolved.

Thank you,

Dustin S.