Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an HP color laserjet cp2025 that my computer suddenly

Customer Question

I have an HP color laserjet cp2025 that my computer suddenly said it was offline. I downloaded drivers from hp, unplugged the printer for 60 seconds, plugged it back in, to no avail. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it-still it's "offline." I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit. What can I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If I try to print anything, e.g. on Word, when I try to print, the printer is showing as offline. Also, if I put my cursor over the cp2025 icon on Devices and Printers, it shows the printer as offline.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Disconnect the printer's USB Cable from the computer for now.
  2. Click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Control Panel.
  3. Then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.
  4. Then right-click on the HP printer there, and remove it for now. Make sure there is not any HP item showing there for now.
  5. Make sure printer is powered on.
  6. Re-connect the printer's USB cable securely to both printer and computer.
  7. Wait a bit and the printer should automatically be reinstalled.
  8. Check printing.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This didn't work....I tried this twice before you advised me to do this.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I believe I should be getting a refund of the fees I've been charged.
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I can send you the refund link if you want.. Or, I can connect via remote support and try to fix this issue directly. Our secure remote connection service is guaranteed, meaning if I cant solve the issue then you would still be entitled to a full refund.

Would you like to try that service, or should I go ahead and send you the refund link now and we can stop here?

Thank you,

Dustin S.