John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Pixma922 printed fine on wifi with my router placed exactly

Customer Question

pixma922 printed fine on wifi with my router placed exactly where it still is. NOTHING has changed except the printer says it is not connected to wifi. diagnostics says it is.
i have read endless complaints about this issue from other users dating back to at least 2013. no true solution has appeared there.
i have tried all the first things you will suggest-unplugged everything, reset router [which works perfectly with every other device], checked all computer settings.
I JUST the start up disc to reinstall, AND IT FAILED.
please do not respond unless you have a solution to this very common, infuriating problem.
repaet-i don't want to be soothed, i want a permanent solution.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. We will need to reconfigure the printer to connect to the wireless signal and then re-install the printer on the computer. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,