Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Why am I getting software communication error when I try to

Customer Question

why am I getting software communication error when I try to print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you able to make copies from the printer itself ?

Are you using a Mac or Windows PC ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can make copies an I am using windowd
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

First we can reset the printer service and see if it works. Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type services.msc and press enter

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Stop.

Then press Windows and R to bring run again and type the following command press enter

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\spool\PRINTERS

Delete all files from the resulting window (from the resulting Printers folder)

Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type services.msc and press enter

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Start. Try to print now.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If that didn't work, then press Windows and R keys. Type control printers and press enter.

From the resulting window, find your printer, right click on it and select Remove Device. Then go to this website and download latest drivers and software --> http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32108/kw/7250%20AiO/selected/true

Open it and install the printer again. You can also use the disc came with it to reinstall printer. Let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not working says to send to one note
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Press Windows and R keys. Type control printers and press enter. From the resulting window, do you see your Printer there ? If so, right click on it and set a default.

Then right click on it again and select Printing Properties. Click Print Testpage and does it print anything ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says printer in error state
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Are you printing via wireless or USB ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wireless
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Press Windows and R keys. Type control printers and press enter. From the resulting window, I want you to remove all the entries of your printer. Then re-run the printer setup file and this time setup it a USB printer. This is to check if there is any issue with the wireless communication.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Connect the printer to your computer with the USB cable. Run the installation file of printer you downloaded above or the use the CD. While installing, when you get option, setup it as wired or USB connection. Then do a test print and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have USB cable I am tired now can u contact me tomorrow
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Sure, we can continue tomorrow. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me tomorrow. If possible get a USB cable (you can borrow one from your friend). We need it to test your printer.

Good Night,

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, How is it going ?