Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a roland sp540v. the black and cyan print head is not

Customer Question

i have a roland sp540v . the black and cyan print head is not working. i have put a new head in and changed the f2 fuse but still nothing.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i had i spill of some cleaner on the head and cleaned it up and let it dry over night. it wouldnt print the next day.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i changed the head printer carriage board the data ribons and f2 fuse
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I spilt some cleaner on the back of the print head which I cleaned and let dry.I did a test print and got nothing from that head, also printer carriage board didn't look great.I have now changed the head, printer carriage board, data ribbons to the head from the carriage board and the f2 fuse.Still no joy.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The spilled cleaner (what kind was it?) may have left a deposit of varnish-like material on the head.

Or perhaps it got into the head, then dried some, but cause the head to clog up by reaction with the ink in it.

The head may be damaged... but you have changed it. Was the printer On at the time? if so, it may have gotten deep enough to have ruined some circuitry also... so how *much* cleaner was it? and was the printer On at the time of the spill?

If the spilled fluid was moderate or a large amount, then dry it out some more! 2 more days in low humidity warm place, if possible. With abundant-enough ventilation, if not exact winds blowing, and while unplugged from power.

What are the exact symptoms of the printer not working, or not printing, etc? does it at least feed through some pages?

I may have more suggestions by and by.