Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My name is and my cannon mx410 printer telling me to contact

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my cannon mx410 printer telling me to contact the service center
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: First it said ink well full and I needrd ink so I put the new ink in and then the print said error
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Do you get any error code says B200?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the code 5b00
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

This error code is a service error indicating ink absorber full. This involves getting the absorber replaced and the unit needs to be serviced. Further you can try the below option as well as an alternative to your problem.

1. Make sure the printer is turned off.
  2. Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  3. Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  4. Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  5. Release the Power button.
  6. Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
  7. Turn off the printer and then turn it on again

Hope this helps and resolve your concern. If the issue still persists, you may have to get help from a local technician. However, the repair cost may be higher than a new printer itself. If the printer is old, it will be better getting a new printer instead of repairing it.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there is no resume button
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

DO you see a Reset button?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no reset
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

You can use Resume or Cancel button.

1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)

2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)

3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.

4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)

5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)

6) Power off then back on and test.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i dont know what printer you are looking at but there is no cancel or resume button
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Please try the following.

Please turn off the unit....unplug the power cable.

Remove all the cartridges...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
Also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
Clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Once these steps have been done turn on printer and check

If still the error repeats, turn off the unit....slide the cradle to one corner..now have a look..you will be able to see a sponge

If the unit is within warranty cover, please contact canon to get this sponge replaced. Else if the unit is out of warranty, please take out the sponge, clean it with water...let it dry for few hours...then insert it back in...else you can contact a local repair store a get a new sponge and insert that one in and this error should get fixed.

let me know if you have any questions. I hope you understand that in case of hardware faults, i can diagnose and suggest steps to fix a faulty part but cannot make a bad part work again.

Thank you.

S H E F I N