Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers

I have a paper jam on a canon mg 5560 printer. the ink

Customer Question

i have a paper jam on a canon mg 5560 printer. the ink cartridge is in the middle
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If still it doesn't helps then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold a A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully this may push any objects out.

After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.

Tell me how it goes!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all that advice is well and good, how many people have a compresser in their office -- I used a vacuum cleaner. I main problem was the ink carraige was in the middle with paper jamming it. I cleared this and the printer is working.
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 6 months ago.

Glad to hear your problem is solved.

Please take some of your time to rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit.