Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a 1197P calculator-it is getting power, but display

Customer Question

I have a 1197P calculator-it is getting power, but display does not light up and the feed button will not work. I replaced the #2032 battery, but still nothing--I also pushed the re-set button, but nothing--any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check the battery terminals. If they are corroded, or broken, then the calculator will not get power.

That sounds unlikely since you say it is getting power. How does it indicate that, by the power light coming On, but nothing else, and nothing happening nor responding? If that's how it is, then it may have a failed central processor or circuitry in control of it, and be fairly thoroughly 'broken'.

How old is the calculator? if less than a year old, it might be covered by warranty from Sharp Electronics. Let me know, and I will advise you further.