John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have a CanoScan 8800F and recently go a new lap top with

Customer Question

I have a CanoScan 8800F and recently go a new lap top with OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.3
and I cannot get my computer to recognize my scanner and I was wondering if this scanner is supported by this version of software? If so any ideas of what I might be doing wrong?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

There isnt a scanner driver for El Capitan 10.11 for that scanner, the most recent driver is for yosemite 10.10.

We may be able to get this to work on your el capitan machine. Would you like me to connect and try to get this installed and working for you on screen, directly?

If so, I am sending you the offer now. Once that offer is accepted or rejected, we can continue.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.