Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

PIXMA MG 6220 - Scanner stopped working, printer does fine.

Customer Question

iMac OS X Ver. 10.11.3; Scanner Driver - 18.0.3;
A - I cracked the lid and saw no light as the message said "Wait momentarily". Could that be the problem?
B - In System Preferences the MG 6220 is listed as "Default - green light. Idle" When I select "Scanner - Open scanner" I get a gray box, nothing in it.
Jerry Frost
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and try scanning again.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!