John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

I have an new Epson 4550 printer. I can't seem to be able to

Customer Question

Hi I have an new Epson 4550 printer. I can't seem to be able to get photo paper or heavier paper to print unless I go through the printer menu which is very convoluted. I've tried changing the paper type from Windows 8 but I get the "The paper type does not match..." screen. Any ideas?
Thanks so much for your service.
Category: Printers
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

Which operative system do you have? Go to to find out.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
John, as mentioned above Win 8
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pls cancel. I think i had the wrong paper. Thanks
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.

OK, sorry about that. In order to select photo paper, instead of clicking the printer icon to print your photos, click the File menu, then click Print, then choose your printer and click Preferences, there you have to choose the paper type. Make sure to choose the right paper type there.

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!