Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert

I am trying to get my canon iR1022F copier to print and I

Customer Question

I am trying to get my canon iR1022F copier to print and I keep getting the 9781 failed. I am on an apple mac and these two have been lined up for some time without this issue thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I click on print it appears to download the pages ready to print and then nothing,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: not that I can determine
JA: Our top Printer Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Printer Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Printer Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
haven't heard is there a delay
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 7 months ago.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I what is the answer

Thanks for replying back to me,

To fix this, try resetting the priningt system on your Mac first:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Print & Scan.
  2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, and choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.

After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Print & Scan preferences is empty.

3. Now add the printer again.

Reply back and let me know if that works?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no that hasn't worked it won't pick up the canon printer I can't put it into the space in the printer scanner box

How is the printer connected to the Mac?