John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I purchased a Brother printer #HL-L2360DW and was unable to

Customer Question

I purchased a Brother printer #HL-L2360DW and was unable to print, although the paperwork claimed it would work with OS X Version 10.8 so I purchased version OS 10.8.5 and the printer STILL DOES NOT WORK.
I am extremely frustrated and about ready to throw the printer into the trash!!!!
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am pretty sure that I paid the charge for the former assistance that did not work. I should not have to pay twice when I am not receiving usable assistance.
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

May I know the exact model number of the printer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I use the cable that was included with the printer. I assume it is a USB cable. The model # ***** the printer is HL-L 2360DW. I had problems with setting up the original printer, which was supposed to work with my operating system, so I upgraded the operating system and I still get a message that the printer is in "DEEP SLEEP". As you can see, I am extremely frustrated and about ready to junk it and buy another HP printer, which never gave me any trouble and tell anyone who will listen to NOT BUY A BROTHER PRINTER!!!
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Can I access your computer remotely and help you install the printer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I paid for Secure Remote Assistance the last time I talked to Brother, but it only lasted as long as it took to try to print one document. This is getting expensive and I still can't print. Do I sound annoyed?!!!!!!!!!! If it works to print ONE time and then I have to pay for help and third time, I could put that money toward a new printer of a different make.
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Let me give you that offer without any additional cost.

Please go to the link below, click Download listed under All-In-One: TeamViewer full version.

http://www.teamviewer.com/hi/download/mac.aspx

After installing it, let me know the ID (E.g 578 467 234) and password (E.g. 2345), so that I can access your computer.

Thank you.

S H E F I N