Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Touchscreen on Workforce 2660 does not work. have tried

Customer Question

touchscreen on Workforce 2660 does not work. have tried rebooting with no change. name is*****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have been printing this AM w/o problems. My last setting on copy function was printing 10 color copies. I tried printing a copy of a recent email and got 10! could not get to screen to change number of copies.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Rob.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power display panel or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2014 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for only a 3 year service life.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have the front panel assembly replaced, and a logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?